Sunday, May 13, 2007

This post is dedicated to " Ammi " - The Best mom in the world !!!

MOTHERS DAY


Mother's Day is celebrated to honor all mothers and express gratitude for the hardships they bear in bringing up a child. Most countries including US, Australia, Canada and India celebrate Mothers Day on the second Sunday of May. Mother Day came into being due to the efforts made by Ms Julia Ward Howe and Ms Anna Jarvis. The Resolution for having a dedicated 'Mother's Day was signed by US President Woodrow Wilson on May 8, 1914. Since then people across the world have been celebrating Mothers Day with joy and devotion.

Mothers are wise and always right. We all know this from our experiences, for we have all grown up on the advice and wisdom of our moms. Some of these advice , they remain with us forever and keep guiding us.

Mothers are everything for us, from when we are small .... our lives revolve around her. For everyhting that we need, we call our mother. To protect us, from any perceivable dangers , we want her around us. She is the focal point of our lives, the greatest human being on earth.

There is no way that we can actually thank her for all that she has done for us. She was the one who use to be awake whole night when we were sick, praying to God to make us well, she is the one who will get up early morning to make us the nicest tiffens and endure all our tantrums. Cooking for us all sorts of things , so that we will be strong and healthy. They take all the pains to complete our school projects.Mothers, infact worry more for our examinations, then we must.

POEMS ON MOTHERS :-
----------------------

A Mother :

When you're a child she walks before you,To set an example.
When you're a teenager she walks behind youTo be there should you need her.
When you're an adult she walks beside you---
So that as two friends you can enjoy life together..

I wish I could tell you mom :-

I wish I could tell you, Mom
how much you mean to me....
But there are no words to say
how much I admire you...
how much I appreciate you...
how much I thank you
for everything you've done.

Mothers Day :-

A Mother loves right from the start.
She holds her baby close to her heart.
The bond that grows will never falter.
Her love is so strong it will never alter.
A Mother gives never ending Love.
She never feels that she has given enough.
For you she will always do her best.
Constantly working, there's no time to rest.
A Mother is there when things go wrong.
A hug and a kiss to help us along.
Always there when we need her near.
Gently wipes our eyes when we shed a tear.
So on this day shower your Mother with Love.
Gifts and presents are nice but that is not enough.
Give your Mother a day to have some peace of mind.
Be gentle, be good, be helpful, be kind.
Happy Mothers Day.

QUOTES OF FAMOUS PEOPLE FOR THEIR MOTHERS :-

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
_________________________________________________________________
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers." -- Jewish proverb
_________________________________________________________
"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -- Lin Yutang
___________________________________________________
"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)
___________________________________________________________________
"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." -- George Washington (1732-1799)
___________________________________________________________________
"By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class." -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh (1907- )
_________________________________________________________________
"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." -- Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887)
___________________________________________________________
"Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)
___________________________________________________________________
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

_______________________________________

No comments: